[Sticky] Content Policies and Reporting
Standards of Behavior.
Discrimination is treatment or consideration of others based on race, class, or creed rather than individual merit.
Bullying is intimidating or persistent acts intended to make life unpleasant for another person.
Profanity is abusive, vulgar, or irreverent language. Your standard curse words, basically.
Obscene Content is defined as anything pornographic, excessively gory, violent, or otherwise offensive and/or distressing to other users.
Spamming is a) bumping topics more than once per week; b) double posting or posting many times in the same topic with little value added to the topic; or c) Double posting in the same or different topic(s).
If you break any rules, the following penalties will apply for each instance of a rule violated (first time, second time, third time, etc...) :
- Friendly Reminder: You will receive a message from staff to inform you of a rules violation.
- Warning - You will receive a private message with an official warning. This warning will remain on your profile for 6 months.
- Moderation - Your posts will be moderated for 14 days.
- Temporary ban - You will be banned from using the community for 30 days.
- Permanent ban - You will be banned forever.
The staff team reserves the right increase the severity of sanctions based on the severity of rule violations. Staff has final say and discretion in determining sanctions for rules violations. Staff will make its best effort to address rules violations in a timely and fair manner.
How Reports Are Handled.
Jetpack7 community staff strives to maintain and facilitate a healthy, free, and friendly environment. In order to do this, we utilize reports that flags content that is violation of our rules.
Content within our jurisdiction.
Any content on Jetpack7 that you feel is in violation of the rules..
Any content that contributes to a hostile environment as defined by our Behavior Standards above.
Filing a report.
- There is a report button located at the bottom of every post. Click to report content.
- A small window will pop up. There, you can explain why you feel this post should be brought to the staff's attention in a concise and polite manner.
- Reports will be sent to staff, and they will handle the report in an appropriate and timely manner.
- All staff decisions regarding reported content are final. Do not report the same content again, or you may be issued a warning.
What happens after the report is filed?
- Your involvement in the reporting process is over. The staff will contact you if further information is needed.
- Staff will not under any circumstances divulge information about how a community member is addressed with outside parties.
- Staff will never punish a member for the act of filing a legitimate report for inappropriate/violating content.
Abuse of the Report System.
The following actions are considered to be abuse of the report system:
- Repeatedly reporting the same content.
- Using the report system to berate, criticize, or attack the staff team.
- Using the report system as a means to backseat moderate.
The staffing team is not exempt from being held accountable for their actions. If a staff member posts content or behaves in a manner which you feel should be reported, PM one of the administrators. By using a PM instead, the report will not be visible to the rest of the staff. When reporting a staff member, be sure to include any relevant links to content and an explanation as to why you are reporting them.